* Show list of system changes needed before using user manager
* Progress bar showing download/upload progress
* Don't fail because the pureftpd activity directory doesn't exist.
On ubuntu, it is always removed on reboot and created on first FTP login.
Pureadmin now understands this
* More robust handling of creating ftpuser/ftpgroup accounts and ftp directory.
* Easier to enable debug output (no re-compile needed)
* Check /proc to determine whether pureftpd is running or
not. More robust than looking for the PID-file.
* Translation updates: fr, cs, tr, sv
* Included weblinks in the help menu to online docs and forum.
* Include icons of various sizes to limit the effect of scaling from
the Desktop Environment/Window Manager.
* Install sized icons to the hicolor icon theme.
* Notification icon:
- Don't show if main window has focus.
- Hide when main window gets focused (and not only by
clicking the icon)
* Finally fix the startup-notify bug that triggered on sudo-based
systems and resulted in a busy cursor for the first ~10 seconds of
* Added notification icon support. New connections as well as
disconnections are notified in the system tray. (Configurable!)
* Added rough support for using gksu (on Ubuntu and similar)
to raise privilieges when libgnomesu isn't available.
* Make pureadmin multi threaded: The activity fetching function is now run as a separate
thread instead of blocking the main loop.
* Cleanup among the FAM wrapper functions. They didn't need to be as generic as I first wrote them.
* Remove references to GTK+ > 2.0 symbols. PureAdmin should now run perfectly on GTK+ version 2.0
* PureAdmin now detects if pureftpd is running through inetd instead of standalone.
* Major code re-factoring and cleanup: use libglade for the GUI instead of glade code generation.
* Upgrade to use glib-based binreloc API.
* Updated Swedish translation
* Fixed a bunch of bugs when built w/o binreloc support
* Updated prefix.[ch] and acinclude.m4 to latest versions from apkg CVS.
* Various fixes to the pureadminsearch script.
* Fixed a bug with a too small snprintf()-buffer
* Fixed a bug when libgnomesu isn't available
* Added French translation (Thanks Sébastien Loss)
* Updated Swedish translation
* Added customizable username encoding.
* Remember window size and position
* Automaticly ask for root password if needed (and possible; requires libgnomesu)
* Added keyboard shortcuts to switch tabs (+1, +2)
* Crash when closing user manager with windowmanager and then re-opening it.
* Fixed a bug when pureadmin falsely determines that user hasn't got permission to edit user-information.
* Much improved UTF-8 error handling and conversion throughout the program
* Major code cleanups
* Added a shadow to the logview and the main lists to make them stand out more.
* Fixed so that enters activates the OK-button in the "New User" dialog.
* Fixed some compiler warnings
* Better handling of upload info in info-frame.
* Dirbrowser now sorts entries in alphabetical order
* Some UTF8 string fixes
* Fixed a segfault in srv_get_activities, when pure-ftpwho failes to get activities
* Italian translation added
* Fixed size quota to actually be in Mb instead of bytes.
* The configured value for password/pdbfile is now used instead of hard-coded /etc/pure-ftpd.*
* Segfault occuring with corrupt /etc/group and /etc/passwd files containing empty lines fixed!
* IP/Hostname shown in mainwindow is now the clients host, not the servers
* UTF8 login-names and filenames should now work everywhere in the program
* Usermanager didn't print newline after adding a user sometimes.
* Removed silly limitation on bandwidth for users. It's now 1000kb/s instead of 100kb/s.
* Added i18n/l10n support. Translators wanted!!
* Added swedish translation
* Added binary relocation support. hardcoded $prefix is now replaced at runtime!! (autopackage stuff)
* Added autopackage spec-file
* Removed the errordialogs at the startup, they are shown in the gui anyway!
* Fixed a bug with make install. It didn't install everything it should...
* Minor HIG-ification of the UI
* Moved location for helpfiles. They're now in $prefix/share/pureadmin/docs
* Better errorhandling in the helpviewer
* FAM Wrapper now works and is using GIOChannel instead of depricated gdk_input_watch()
* Activities Retreival should now work everywhere pure-ftpwho works.
* Some more errordialog cleaning
* Smarter handling of usermanager when running as non-root
* Cleaned up the progress string in the list of activities a bit.
* Ability to Terminate connection(s) for users.
* Added popup-menu for activities and online users.
* Added a debugging window for program trace output.
* Reding of activities is now working even if the filesize is more than
the expected size (with unpredictable result!)
* Fixed a rarely occurring floating point exception related to the "advanced info" frame in
the main gui.
* Fixed the startup errors. Now there's only one dialog for all
* Made FAM-related errors more human understandable.
* Fixed a segfault that occurred because of a free() on a static string.
* Use FAM (File Alteration Monitor) for logfile-viewer.
If fam isn't available, the logfile-viewer won't work.
* Added start/stop of server.
* Some minor UI enhancements.
* Logfile-viewer: Date parser completely removed - it was too
- Changes couldn't be saved when /etc and /tmp
was on different filesystems.
- Bandwidth limitations are now in kb/s as the GUI says it
is (it was in b/s before :-))
- Change the progress string to display ???'s when the
progress is unknown (instead of 000's and infinitive)
- Fixed a crash that occurred when opening the prefwindow.
- Fixed error when struct sockaddr_in isn't defined (*BSD??)
- Fixed type-o in usr_manager.h (gulong long --> gulong)
PureAdmin now honor the enviroment variables $PURE_DBFILE and
* New desktop-entry.
* More robust checking for pureftpd installation and binaries.
* Better, but in no way perfect, logfile handling.
* More dialogs that tells people what went wrong.
* RedHat 9 (others?) compile error should be fixed
* and perhaps some more that I can't remember
srv_comm.c: Directory wasn't closed and the maximum open-file-limit
was reached after pureadmin has run for a while.
logfile.c: - (Probably) Fixed a bug with log-dates, avoiding a
segfault when the date from the log-file was improperly
- Logfile was opened more than once at the same time,
allocating unnecessary file-descriptors.
* New dirbrowser widget
* Name change Purify --> PureAdmin
* Added help and some docs
* Various bug fixes:
- Widget sensitivity issues in user-manager.
- Some build scripts (Makefile.am etc.) bugs were fixed
- Type-o in the User Manager window (exits instead of exists)
* Everything is changed ;-)
* Current features:
- Log file viewer
- Activities viewer
- User manager
Copyright © 2003-2005 - Isak Savo.
Thanks to Sourceforge for hosting this project!